Autism Awareness

Autism Awareness
Proud mom of a son with autism!
autism
autism

Love

About Me

Burlington, NC, United States
All I can say about me is that I am a survivor of domestic violence. The only good thing that came out of my first marriage is that I have three wonderful sons and that I am now a much stronger person, I have grown into a better person. I am now married to a great man who has adopted my sons, and loves them as his own, as they are his now..he even says that the two younger ones look like him...my life is good. I have a son with autism so that has become a goal in my life, to help raise awareness and find a cure. I also have a son that is Bi-polar, and well all I can say is that autism is easy to deal with compared to Bi-polar disorder, well that is a little blurb about me.

Listen to music as you read!!!!


Saturday, March 15, 2008

Here is the good and the bad of my daily life.

Well, I know my posts lately haven't been good news lately..but that is how life is at times. However me and my hubby are working on things and are making the best of it here in NC. Mu hubby got a promotion at work he is now a shift manager and is still making A's and B's in class, he is in the top 3%...My teenager is well...still a loudmouth teenager how will hopefully learn his lessons. We are considering putting him in a private Christian school and pulling him out of public schools after what happened last week. He has stated very loudly that he does not want to change schools..but if we out him the private school it will not be until next school year, so we have to put up with this school that has approx. 2800 students in it. No wonder he is in trouble all the time...his main reason for not wanting to leave this school is he loves ROTC. This is something we are going to think about.

As far as me and nursing school...well I was there yesterday and had to take a skills assessment test to see if I have retained my nursing information from my previous college. They said that I had to do this since I have been out of the clinical setting for over 6 months. After 3 1/2 hours of testing....I passed!!!...So now I have to decide if I want to go back for not....I want to but in some ways I am not sure. People here are not as friendly as the people in Ohio. I was told that I was to friendly with the "patient" during the skills assessment, that I need to be formal and as the examiner put it "cold"...now that doesn't even make since. But people do act differently it is not the "nice" south.

We have another new addition to our family, we adopted a puppy that was going to be put to sleep at the pound...I will post pictures later. My hubby has a soft spot for dogs.

Peace and blessings....

7 comments:

✩Molly✩ said...

I encourage you to keep being nice to those patience, the few nice nurses make going to the hospital a livable experience. Congrats on passing the test. My parents almost pulled me out of public school as a kid, and I think they probably should have... as I really didnt learn a single thing from 8th grade to graduation. Cant wait to see your new puppy. I saw a movie the other day and thought of you, well, it is about autistic adults (and I know your interest in autism), called "Mozart and the Whale". I really enjoyed it, it is on video, and stars Josh Hartnett. I don't know what has happened to the rest of our blog readers, but thanks for always reading and commenting! love ya.

Mom of 3 boys said...

Molly,

Thanks so much...I will post pictures real soon. I am like you and that I am not sure what happened to all of our blog readers. I try to read and post on everyones blogs a couple times a week if I can. And I will not change the way I am for the nursing school or for anyone. We are really looking into the private school, but one big issue is money of course..Lots of love back and you will always have a reader and friend in me.
Peace and blessings always.

the princess said...

yay for you! you rock girl!

the princess said...

also, i cannot imagine what you have to deal with w/ the boys. mine are healthy and they are a handfull. bless you. you are a very special woman

Aprilyn said...

Sorry I haven't posted on your blog in forever. I promise to do better. What did your oldest do to get kicked out? Is he the one with Bi-Polar? I can't remember.
How stupid that you were told to be more COLD. Hello stupid people, nobody wants a cold, unfriendly nurse! grrr. Glad you passed.

Mom of 3 boys said...

Aprilyn,

Yes, the son that is in trouble is my oldest..the one that is bi-polar. I will email you with what he had done.

your mom said...

I am glad you passed, and forget about those nursing instructors...you should know that!!! I am just glad for you that you passed, and seriously, don't worry about what they say...in nursing school, you have more time to be "patient" with the patients. However, the patients pick-up on those nurses who are rude, short and feel that they don't take the time needed. The other morning, I was "done" early and just making my final rounds, and ended up talking to one of my patients for 1/2 hour b/c he was having a stress test and was really nervous. He just needed to talk...I rarely have time like that, but I was glad I had time for him.