Autism Awareness

Autism Awareness
Proud mom of a son with autism!
autism
autism

Love

About Me

Burlington, NC, United States
All I can say about me is that I am a survivor of domestic violence. The only good thing that came out of my first marriage is that I have three wonderful sons and that I am now a much stronger person, I have grown into a better person. I am now married to a great man who has adopted my sons, and loves them as his own, as they are his now..he even says that the two younger ones look like him...my life is good. I have a son with autism so that has become a goal in my life, to help raise awareness and find a cure. I also have a son that is Bi-polar, and well all I can say is that autism is easy to deal with compared to Bi-polar disorder, well that is a little blurb about me.

Listen to music as you read!!!!


Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Updates, holidays, and changes...

Well, it has been along time since I have blogged...and so much has happened. I am homeschooling my oldest, well actually he is enrolled in a virtual on line high school, so it does most of the teaching. And I am 5 weeks out from having spinal surgery, on my c4-c5 disk. I had a spinal fusion and diskectomy done..and on the 20th of December I am having gastric bypass surgery...I have to admit that I am a little nervous, excited and scared all at the same time. I really want to loose this weight and be healthy again. I had gave up soda and started eating less and lost 28 pounds, but have gained 2 of them back, because when I found out my surgery date I started drinking soda and eating things I shouldn't, guess I panicked. But I am hoping it is just the holidays stressing me out.

My kids are growing like crazy, and are now young men, not mommy's babies anymore. I love them so much!! Money is tight and me missing all this work is not helping my stress level, although I do not miss my job at the hospital. I am also in the process of getting my insurance license, I have already passed my state exam and now I wait on the state to do there part. Guess I going for a career change along with my lifestyle change with my surgery...hope I can handle it all.

And on a more personal note, I have tracked my family on my fathers site, I don't know my father and never had. But according to my birth mother, and his ex-wife, and his brother, and now my half siblings I was told I needed to stay aware from him. So I am just enjoying getting to know my uncle and half siblings. I always hated being an only child, so now I have a chance to get to know brothers and sisters...I am excited and scared....but this has been something I have wanted all my life. So many new adventures are to be gone after in 2011...and I hope and pray that 2011 is so much better than 2010.

Peace and love I will try to post more often....

No comments: