Autism Awareness

Autism Awareness
Proud mom of a son with autism!
autism
autism

Love

About Me

Burlington, NC, United States
All I can say about me is that I am a survivor of domestic violence. The only good thing that came out of my first marriage is that I have three wonderful sons and that I am now a much stronger person, I have grown into a better person. I am now married to a great man who has adopted my sons, and loves them as his own, as they are his now..he even says that the two younger ones look like him...my life is good. I have a son with autism so that has become a goal in my life, to help raise awareness and find a cure. I also have a son that is Bi-polar, and well all I can say is that autism is easy to deal with compared to Bi-polar disorder, well that is a little blurb about me.

Listen to music as you read!!!!


Sunday, October 14, 2007

Today sucks.....

As I set at my computer checking emails and seeing the true friends that I have, the ones that have stuck by me over the years. I ponder why??? I have one true friend...do we only get one true friend throughout our lifetime???? This morning was a crazy morning already..my dog decided to take a dump in the hallway and my kids decided to go crazy this morning as well. I moved here to NC with my husband of less than 2 years so he could have his dream, but in the process I lost mine, he keeps saying that I will get into nursing school here, but I was already in nursing school in OH before we moved here to NC. And I was almost done I was going to graduate in 6 months....It doesn't seem fair, how did this happen??? Why did I agree to this, don't get me wrong I do like NC and my kids love it here, but what about me...I feel like a failure and a failure to myself. Today just sucks......

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Hey - just wanted to say that your not a failure unless you give in to your circumstances! Seems like you've been through lots of change in the last years - be patient, keep being proactive in your life, as it seems you have been! I also have a disabled child, and know a lot about autism. Not much about bi-polor, but there was a great article in Readers Digest a few months ago about a kid dealing with that. Hang in there...and be patient, taking a break from the journey to your dream doesn't mean it's over, just put on hold.
Life is good - maybe on your next blog entry you can try to list all the good things...it helps to change the focus on those lousy days!! Hugs to you --shannon

Aprilyn said...

That is rough. I hate bad days. I read your profile and wanted to let you know that I was once a single Mom too. My ex was cheating on me and doing drugs. Later I found out that he had started abusing our son. My son Nathan, now 9 is the product of that bad marriage so it was worth it.

I remarried in 2003 and my husband adopted my son in 2005 (on St. Patrick's Day). Everyone says Nathan looks like Brian (hubby).

In Oct. 2004, Marshall was born at 33 weeks gestation and had a VERY difficult and traumatic birth. He has now been diagnosed with PDD-NOS which we think will later be changed to Aspergers. He is NOT an easy child to deal with but I just take it one meltdown at a time...

Hang in there. My hubby's ex-wife lives in NC I think. I know it's a big state but I think she lived in Fayetteville or something. She was in nursing school there. I hope you can get in nursing school again soon. I hope tomorrow is better. Sometimes life really sucks...