Autism Awareness

Autism Awareness
Proud mom of a son with autism!
autism
autism

Love

About Me

Burlington, NC, United States
All I can say about me is that I am a survivor of domestic violence. The only good thing that came out of my first marriage is that I have three wonderful sons and that I am now a much stronger person, I have grown into a better person. I am now married to a great man who has adopted my sons, and loves them as his own, as they are his now..he even says that the two younger ones look like him...my life is good. I have a son with autism so that has become a goal in my life, to help raise awareness and find a cure. I also have a son that is Bi-polar, and well all I can say is that autism is easy to deal with compared to Bi-polar disorder, well that is a little blurb about me.

Listen to music as you read!!!!


Friday, October 19, 2007

Todays doctors visit

Today I took my son to his new doctor, and well I am a little put off by this visit. Everyone was nice and friendly, plus we were there for over 3 hours..a 10 yr old boy with autism in a little room for 3 hours.....UGH!!!!! And now this new doctor wants me to give him cod liver oil...and all these extra vitamins...he already takes plenty of vitamins and medicines....Don't get me wrong I am willing to try almost anything to help my son. My son is already a picky eater, and he wants me to take away all of his favorite foods...and give him stuff that I know he won't eat....I feel very frustrated now and torn on what to do.....

1 comment:

Aprilyn said...

Does he want him on a GF/CF diet? A Yahoo group I belong to has lots of people who use cod liver oil and vitamins to help their child. The only problem I see with that is it wears off. Sure, it helped my friend's Aspie son but only for a little while then it quit helping. I've GOT to find something to help calm my child soon. A few docs have recommended Resperdal but it's an anti-psychotic and I'm really scared to try it. We tried Zoloft..big mistake! We have to get SOMETHING that can calm our child down. We also need something that can help him sleep. I'm sure you know all about that huh?