Autism Awareness

Autism Awareness
Proud mom of a son with autism!
autism
autism

Love

About Me

Burlington, NC, United States
All I can say about me is that I am a survivor of domestic violence. The only good thing that came out of my first marriage is that I have three wonderful sons and that I am now a much stronger person, I have grown into a better person. I am now married to a great man who has adopted my sons, and loves them as his own, as they are his now..he even says that the two younger ones look like him...my life is good. I have a son with autism so that has become a goal in my life, to help raise awareness and find a cure. I also have a son that is Bi-polar, and well all I can say is that autism is easy to deal with compared to Bi-polar disorder, well that is a little blurb about me.

Listen to music as you read!!!!


Sunday, August 31, 2008

My last day @ my current job...a reflextion...

Okay, today is a bitter sweet day, I am starting a new job on Tuesday. I have been at this current job for awhile starting out as a CNA then was gone for my surgery and came back as there receptionist..and for the past 4 weeks I have BEGGED for more hours...(FYI: I only work 2 days a week)...There is a full time opening and I have begged for that as well...so I am now tired of begging...My employer is not giving me any hours, or offereing me any. So today is mu last day..I am quitting, but the funny thing is that I gave them my resignation 2 over the past 2 weeks and they will not accept it...oh well that is not there problem.

I really have enjoyed the people and the residents of this place, but it is time to move on...

As for my kids there are enjoying being back in school, my oldest will start on Tuesday, he will be going to a college prep school. ( Charter School). He is excited and nervous all at the same time.

Now for a reflextion on the move to NC, it has been a year since we moved here..I see it as one of the worst moves we have made. My husband had to quit school..(the reason we moved here) because we could no longer afford to live with him only working part time, and me part time. I have gave up on school, so I guess I will never live my dream and always be a big dumb loser. And now my husband is a quitter as well, the resentment for this move is even bigger now....Not sure how to handle it.

The ecomomy sucks here and so does the pay, not sure how to find my inner happiness any more.....it has been crushed..my dream has died....so now I will work as a phlebotomist in a huge hospital for base pay..which isn't much...but at least it is a dollar and twenty cents more than where I am now. But I have to drive and extra 25+ miles. ...So I will not be making any more money, because of the gas prices and milage...but I will get many more hours than the place I am at now.

Things just are the way I planned them....what went wrong??? I wish I knew....

Peace to all

2 comments:

Aprilyn said...

Why not move back to Ohio? Wasn't that where you were before?

the princess said...

isn't life just plain whacked sometimes? don't you find? I am so sorry you are having such difficulties. i totally understand. I know in my marriage, I stood back while he furthered his career. i am now on my own with only a year long college course and no chance for change in sight. i feel like a failure in some ways. it's a difficult thing to come to terms with sometimes. i hope you can find your inner peace. it makes life so much happier when you can. i am searching high and low for mine right now as well. things certainly have a way of getting off kilter. take care of yourself and try to think positive. you are a wonderful woman with alot of skills. never doubt it.