Autism Awareness

Autism Awareness
Proud mom of a son with autism!
autism
autism

Love

About Me

Burlington, NC, United States
All I can say about me is that I am a survivor of domestic violence. The only good thing that came out of my first marriage is that I have three wonderful sons and that I am now a much stronger person, I have grown into a better person. I am now married to a great man who has adopted my sons, and loves them as his own, as they are his now..he even says that the two younger ones look like him...my life is good. I have a son with autism so that has become a goal in my life, to help raise awareness and find a cure. I also have a son that is Bi-polar, and well all I can say is that autism is easy to deal with compared to Bi-polar disorder, well that is a little blurb about me.

Listen to music as you read!!!!


Sunday, January 6, 2008

Autism and dealing with the public....

autism

autism

Autism

autism

autism sign

sent to me

autism

As you tell I am a little pissed at society, so until I calm down I will let the pictures do my talking...

5 comments:

Aprilyn said...

Yesterday we had a breakfast to meet Marshall's new church teachers. This lady was sitting with her daughter at the table and she said to me, "Do you want me to tell them about him (meaning Marshall and his problems)or should I?" GRRRR!! WHERE DO THEY COME UP WITH THIS CRAP??!!! My son can look and most of the time act like a normal kid! I was planning on possibly talking to the teachers about Marshall PRIVATELY and later if I felt I needed to. What if I decided not to tell everyone about his diagnosis? This woman thinks she is my friend but I think as a friend SHE SUCKS!

Have people been commenting on your son lately?

Andrea said...

Some people just don't get it and are so hurtful. I hope that whatever happened, it doesn't effect you or your son to terribly. I apologize for all of the idiots of the world!

Mystiqeye said...

Remember Kimi that We can only be responsible for our own actions and emotions. We can not be responsible for the actions and emotions of others. (No matter how ridicules they sound when they open their mouths):)

Mom of 3 boys said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words and your understanding, it just gets so frustrating at times. I just wanna scream..and yes sometimes I feel like slapping the idiots..but I don't..I might want to..but I don't.

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

what Sherry said, I think that's all that can be said!