Autism Awareness

Autism Awareness
Proud mom of a son with autism!
autism
autism

Love

About Me

Burlington, NC, United States
All I can say about me is that I am a survivor of domestic violence. The only good thing that came out of my first marriage is that I have three wonderful sons and that I am now a much stronger person, I have grown into a better person. I am now married to a great man who has adopted my sons, and loves them as his own, as they are his now..he even says that the two younger ones look like him...my life is good. I have a son with autism so that has become a goal in my life, to help raise awareness and find a cure. I also have a son that is Bi-polar, and well all I can say is that autism is easy to deal with compared to Bi-polar disorder, well that is a little blurb about me.

Listen to music as you read!!!!


Friday, January 18, 2008

LIFE IS CRAZY !!!!!!!!!

OKAY, I HAVE TO VENT!!!******!!!!!!!

I WAS TOLD I COULD NOT CONTINUE IN THE NURSING PROGRAM.......WHEN I WENT TO GET MY PHYSICAL,DRUG SCREENING AND FINGER PRINTING DONE, THEY ASKED FOR A LIST OF MY MEDICATIONS..OK, SO NO BIG DEAL.

WELL, TO MY SURPRISE THEY DO NOT WANT ANY STUDENTS THAT TAKE ANTIDEPRESSANTS...((((*****WHAT THE F***))))...HOW CRAZY IS THAT??????????? OVER HAVE THE PEOPLE IN THE US TAKES SOME TYPE OF ANTIDEPRESSANT......SO I AM DONE..I QUIT...I BELIEVE THAT IT IS NOT MEANT FOR ME TO BE A NURSE..THIS WAS THE LAST STRAW.....THEY SAID THAT I COULD POSSIBLY OVER-RIDE IT IF I GOT A STATEMENT FROM THE DOCTOR THAT PRESCRIBED IT FOR ME.

NOW THAT SHOULD NOT BE A BIG DEAL...WELL IT IS...THE DOC THAT PUT ME ON THE MEDS IS IN OHIO AND WILL NOT WRITE A STATEMENT FOR ME SINCE I AM NO LONGER HER PATIENT. AND MY DOC HERE WILL NOT WRITE IS SINCE HE DID NOT PRESCRIBE IT TO ME...OKAY SO NOW WHAT???!!!!???? SORRY TO VENT..BUT THIS IS TOO FREAKING CRAZY EVEN FOR ME......LOL

10 comments:

Pam's Place said...

Please don't give up. If this is your dream, and you really want it, fight for it. Things will work out.

Mom of 3 boys said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement..but I have prayed about this for the last few weeks, and I guess this was my answer. Yes, being a nurse has always been a dream of mine, but maybe it is only a dream and nothing more. I have been trying to finish nursing school for 4 years now..and road blocks keep happening, not just in this state but in Ohio as well. I believe that we all have a purpose, but maybe this is not my purpose..I am tried of fighting. I will keep praying...

Aprilyn said...

So if you give up on being a nurse, what do you think you want to do? I used to think I wanted to teach Elementary School but now that I've spent time in the classroom, I'm not sure I could handle that!! I still think I want to be a children's choir director.
I will pray for you. It's so hard when you feel like NOTHING is going your way. Do you think you could get your new doc to prescribe you the anti-depressant so he/she can give you that letter? Sounds like a pretty lame nursing school to me though.

Mom of 3 boys said...

Aprilyn,

My new here in NC has wrote me a script already for the antidepressant, he did it a couple of months ago when I ran out of refills. But he still will not write the letter for me...because he said that he was not the one that originally gave it to me in the first place. I have lost me desire to be a nurse, I truly feel that I am not meant to do it, so I will pray and see what doors open for me. I need all the prayers i can get...thanks.

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

kim, i am so sorry. i just think "you have to be kidding me!" this is again the stupidest thing they have come up with and if you didn't need antidepressants before you do now! of course a doctor perscribed them, duh?

again i am so sorry and will be sending prayers your way. this has been a horrible process every step of the way and i hope that the light at the end of the tunnel shows itself very soon!

in the meantime, you've got some adorable boys there to keep you sane (or not)!

big hug, i'm so sorry.

Mom of 3 boys said...

Jen,

I wish I was joking about this..but it is no joke...and on top of it all today I received in the mail an invitation to go to the graduation of the nursing class in Ohio..3 of my class mates from there sent me invitations....I know they were being nice...but it was a really a knife to the heart....and NO am I not going..I can't...because I should be walking across that stage with them and I am not...and that really really hurts...especially with all this crap that is happening here in NC and this CRAZY school. Again thanks for the prayers and kind words to all.

✩Molly✩ said...

That sucks. Lately I think that things just seem to be in the lane of sucking... something needs to help the world switch lanes, perhaps it will be the election this fall... I sure hope, because the way things are now are just plain ridiculous. thanks for being such a supportive blog reader :)

Andrea said...

No way! That stinks! But don't give up your dream. I'm sure things will work out somehow.

the princess said...

just found your blog, sorry to interupt, but that is unreal! so many people take antidepressants for a variety of reasons.

i hope you are able to find a way around this obstacle. it sounds like you need some more good things in your life. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Mom of 3 boys said...

To the princess..

You are not interrupting...Thanks for stopping by..and for your thoughts and prayers..I need them...I am trying to fight this..but so far I am not winning....this still seems so unreal...it is not like I am a drug addict...so I take an antidepressant..and now after all this crap..I really really need one...lol...I have to laugh or I will cry...Again thanks for stopping by and you kind words and support.