Autism Awareness

Autism Awareness
Proud mom of a son with autism!
autism
autism

Love

About Me

Burlington, NC, United States
All I can say about me is that I am a survivor of domestic violence. The only good thing that came out of my first marriage is that I have three wonderful sons and that I am now a much stronger person, I have grown into a better person. I am now married to a great man who has adopted my sons, and loves them as his own, as they are his now..he even says that the two younger ones look like him...my life is good. I have a son with autism so that has become a goal in my life, to help raise awareness and find a cure. I also have a son that is Bi-polar, and well all I can say is that autism is easy to deal with compared to Bi-polar disorder, well that is a little blurb about me.

Listen to music as you read!!!!


Thursday, November 15, 2007

My Decision

After a few sleepless nights and lots and lots of thinking...I still have not come to a conclusion...other I know what I want..but I am willing to spend another two years to get it... that is the question....And I still don't have an answer...I think I know what I will decide...but I am not sure...sorry if I am rambling..but sometimes I have to...just to clear my head....

4 comments:

Mystiqeye said...

Well, I know making choices isn't easy. You just have to think if it is truly what you want. If you want something bad enough time will not change it. No matter if it is 6 months or 6 yrs. Good luck. Remember it is your dream so only you can make the decision.

✩Molly✩ said...

Well, what I did, is, I switched over to Diet soda. Seeing as how diet soda doesn't taste nearly as good as regular soda, I don't crave it nearly as much, so now I am more likely to maybe have a can a day, instead of 3 or 4. I also love to eat under stress, and what I found is the easiest way not to snack, is to either 1-not have the snacky stuff around, or 2- whenever you start to crave a snack of something bad, drink a glass of ice water, and then evaluate if you still want it. I find that helps a lot. If you don't like water, you could try crystal light or something; thats what my mom does to help her drink the water.

Another thing I have been doing is reducing my portions; coming to the realization that there is no pressure to eat everything on my plate and that it is totally fine to box it up and eat it the next day has helped me dramatically. I find that if I really try to listen to my body, it will tell me when it is full, BEFORE it tells me it is STUFFED and ready to pop! lol.

Also, I the very best weight loss tip I have is to carry water around with you. At one point I was drinking a gallon of water a day, and my skin was perfect, my weight just fell off, and I felt soo much better. An easy way to get the gallon in, is to use a 44 ouncer cup, and just fill and drink it 4 or 5 times in a day. It isn't so bad, plus using a straw really helps to down things fast (just like with soda). Let me know if any of those tips sounded good.

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

it sound like you are well on your way to making the perfect decision! I would hate for you to give up on a dream because of time. I know your hands are full with the boys, does your husband support the committment of going back to school?

Mom of 3 boys said...

Molly,

thanks so much for the advice...I will try it....