Autism Awareness

Autism Awareness
Proud mom of a son with autism!
autism
autism

Love

About Me

Burlington, NC, United States
All I can say about me is that I am a survivor of domestic violence. The only good thing that came out of my first marriage is that I have three wonderful sons and that I am now a much stronger person, I have grown into a better person. I am now married to a great man who has adopted my sons, and loves them as his own, as they are his now..he even says that the two younger ones look like him...my life is good. I have a son with autism so that has become a goal in my life, to help raise awareness and find a cure. I also have a son that is Bi-polar, and well all I can say is that autism is easy to deal with compared to Bi-polar disorder, well that is a little blurb about me.

Listen to music as you read!!!!


Tuesday, November 13, 2007

update!!!!!

I was finally accepted into nursing school, with 50% of my credits transferring. I guess that is better than nothing....Now I have to decide if I really want to repeat a bunch of crap that I have already taken...plus go back to school for another 4 semesters....YUK!!!! So now I have to make a decision...to I go or not......I have always wanted to be a nurse, ever since I was a small child...but now it is time to figure out if I want to go through all the crap of taken crap over and going to school twice as long as I should...(all because my husband moved us to NC).....Well...now what to do.......do I find another dream or try to finish this one......

5 comments:

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

congrat on your acceptance!!! that totally sucks that you would have to retake that much! maybe the human body is much different in NC than in most other states???

good luck on "what to do", i'm out of the advise game (at least this week). I'll be your cheerleader though!

again I'm sorry for being an idiot on my blog. i was never taught how to handle conflict or contention- so there: idiot. - on the other hand why fight an argument you have not a chance in hell of winning? excuses excuses hu?

I'm very happy for you, at least you have a starting point to make a decision right?

Mystiqeye said...

I am very proud of you Kimi, I know that you have struggled in life and in this situation about school for some time. BUT I always know you rise above the situation. Stick to your guns and follow your dreams. Whether school is in that dream or not is what you have to figure out. You have been through worse then this and I you will come out on top. LY

✩Molly✩ said...

you know what? My sister is a nurse, and she also has 3 boys, and it is so nice because it is a skill that 1- pays tremendously well, and 2- that is always in demand, so you can always go back to work after taking a long break and just jump right back into the saddle. I wish I had taken school more seriously myself. Perhaps one day I'll go back.

your mom said...

Kim- YOU HAVE TO DO THIS!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!! Face it, either way the next 2 years will go by whether you finish nursing school or not. DO IT. Remember, you had told TJ you wouldn't quit. You have GOT to feel the rush that comes from being done with nursing school. You can do this.

Mom of 3 boys said...

Elizabeth,

Thanks for your words of encouragement...I am so happy for you and I am glad everything is okay with you...I just had my first Mammo last week..and it really wasn't that bad...I really miss Ohio and everyone there....I am glad you are done with school and are now out into the real world of nursing....Again a Big Congrats!!!!