Autism Awareness

Autism Awareness
Proud mom of a son with autism!
autism
autism

Love

About Me

Burlington, NC, United States
All I can say about me is that I am a survivor of domestic violence. The only good thing that came out of my first marriage is that I have three wonderful sons and that I am now a much stronger person, I have grown into a better person. I am now married to a great man who has adopted my sons, and loves them as his own, as they are his now..he even says that the two younger ones look like him...my life is good. I have a son with autism so that has become a goal in my life, to help raise awareness and find a cure. I also have a son that is Bi-polar, and well all I can say is that autism is easy to deal with compared to Bi-polar disorder, well that is a little blurb about me.

Listen to music as you read!!!!


Thursday, November 8, 2007

Don't know what to call this one.....

Today and the past week has been an up and down roller coaster of emotions, I have happy, sad, mad and really pissed off several times....I am tired because of all the crap. I am now working full time with a BIG retail chain, but I did not ask for full time, I did not want full time, I don't have time for a full time job. If that makes sense. My husband loves his classes he is taking, and he likes his job, the kids love there schools and have made friends. I should be happy, but I am not. Not completely. I am going to talk with my employer tomorrow about cutting my hours. Hopefully I will still have a job. But on the up side I am meeting with the dean of admissions at a nearby college to see if they will take my credits from OU. This has been the ONLY college in this freakin' state to consider transferring my credits from OU. I loved NC growing up, I spent a lot of time here as a child, but now I am not sure I like this place, it is like the whole state has it in for me. For example, I have been a CNA since 1995, and this state is making me retest, because they will not accept my certification from the state I moved from. I think that is crazy. I guess that is how my life goes, sorry I had to make this a long one but I have to vent.

7 comments:

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

hi there, sorry to spam you I came accross your blog when I clicked movies "anything funny" from mine and there you were. (does that make sense?)

anyway I just thought you could use some support today. Well not exactly just today, but I just found you today.

you will think this is stupid but my recommendation is running out to get the Mary Poppins DVD. I know that sounds completely rediculous but hear me out. I hadn't seen it in years but we watched it this last Sunday with my 2 year old. Mary Poppins didn't take any crap from anyone. Chin up and get on with it. Take what life gives you and choke it down- sugar or not, it's always your call. I've had a new look on not only parenting this week but myself as a woman.

I hope that you don't think I'm completely crazy (although one dr. did diagnose me as bi-p) so ok I maybe a little, but I really hope you have a better week, month, year!

Please comment back to me if you would like to link to my blog, I would love to keep up with you.

ps. just out of sisterly concern, have you looked into anti-depressants? I owe my life to them. honestly. it's just a thought.

Mom of 3 boys said...

thanks for the post, I am glad someone actually read my post..thats makes me feel good. just knowing that someone took the time to read it. I will have to rent the movie, ya never know it might help...lol. and yes women to women I am on anti-depressants..not sure they are working very well...lol..I will link you to my blog as well....

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

I know don't you love comments!
well go get the movie and if you been on the meds over 2 months get your booty back to your dr and change it up!

Mom of 3 boys said...

it has been over 5 months now....and yes i love comments, and I have added you to my friends list....and I also love to look at other peoples blogs....

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

with out being a nosey pain in the butt, if you are still feeling like you were i think it would be a great idea to see your doc again. after all we aren't "perfect" (LOL) but if mama ain't happy...

take care of you, if for nothing else than your sons need a happy mom. take care, have a great weekend.

Aprilyn said...

I'm sorry I haven't taken time to read your blog lately. I need to put a link to it on my blog so I will check it. You'd think with my 3yr old now in Special Ed Preschool, I would have more time...yeah right. I agree with practically perfect on the anti-depressants issue...if you get on the right ones you should see a difference. Hang in there!! You are doing a great job.

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

hey there, i'm sorry but i just deleted your comment you just left. it was very supportive to me, but would have not been good tomorrow while i am asking for forgivness. it has been a very hurtful evening and i feel responsible for others opinions on my blog.

stupid, ya but what are we gonna do. had you been all caught up that annie was leaving comments on my post??